In the laboratory the glass transition is not a sharp transition; its properties change smoothly across .
- increases with a decrease in the observation time, .
Ideal glass transition temperature
Intrinsic average structural relaxation time
Pressure dependence of glass transition temperature
- Prabhat K. Gupta and John C. Mauro "The laboratory glass transition", Journal of Chemical Physics 126 224504 (2007)
- Vassiliy Lubchenko and Peter G. Wolynes "Theory of Structural Glasses and Supercooled Liquids", Annual Review of Physical Chemistry 58 pp. 235-266 (2007)
- C. Patrick Royall, Stephen R. Williams, Takehiro Ohtsuka and Hajime Tanaka "Direct observation of a local structural mechanism for dynamic arrest", Nature Materials 7 pp. 556-561 (2008)
- Stephen R. Williams, Debra J. Searles, and Denis J. Evans "The glass transition and the Jarzynski equality", Journal of Chemical Physics 129 134504 (2008)
- Ning Xu, Thomas K. Haxton, Andrea J. Liu, and Sidney R. Nagel "Equivalence of Glass Transition and Colloidal Glass Transition in the Hard-Sphere Limit", Physical Review Letters 103 245701 (2009)
- Florent Krzakala and Lenka Zdeborová "On melting dynamics and the glass transition. I. Glassy aspects of melting dynamics", Journal of Chemical Physics 134 034512 (2011)
- Florent Krzakala and Lenka Zdeborová "On melting dynamics and the glass transition. II. Glassy dynamics as a melting process", Journal of Chemical Physics 134 034513 (2011)
- Jürn W. P. Schmelzer "Kinetic criteria of glass formation and the pressure dependence of the glass transition temperature", Journal of Chemical Physics 136 074512 (2012)