The Trotter formula is given by ( Eq. 5):
where and are self-adjoint operators. This formula is used in the path integral formulation.
- Masuo Suzuki "Relationship between d-Dimensional Quantal Spin Systems and (d+1)-Dimensional Ising Systems - Equivalence, Critical Exponents and Systematic Approximants of the Partition Function and Spin Correlations", Progress of Theoretical Physics 56 pp. 1454-1469 (1976)
- Hans De Raedt and Bart De Raedt "Applications of the generalized Trotter formula", Physical Review A 28 3575-3580 (1983)
- R. Thieberger "On the convergence of the Trotter formula", Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General 19 1551-1554 (1986)
- Masuo Suzuki "Improved Trotter-like formula", Physics Letters A 180 pp. 232-234 (1993)
- Oscar Bolina " Trotter formula and thermodynamic limits", arXiv:physics/0202003v1 (3 Feb 2002)