- Constantino Tsallis "Possible generalization of Boltzmann-Gibbs statistics", Journal of Statistical Physics 52 pp. 479-487 (1988)
- E. M. F. Curado and C. Tsallis "Generalized statistical mechanics: connection with thermodynamics", Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General 24 pp. L69-L72 (1991)
- Constantino Tsallis "Entropic nonextensivity: A possible measure of complexity", arXiv:cond-mat/0010150 10 Oct (2000)
- "Nonextensive Entropy - Interdisciplinary Applications", Edited by Murray Gell-Mann and Constantino Tsallis, Oxford University Press (2004) ISBN 978-0-19-515977-6
- Constantino Tsallis, Murray Gell-Mann, Yuzuru Sato "Asymptotically scale-invariant occupancy of phase space makes the entropy Sq extensive", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 102 pp. 15377-15382 (2005)
Special issue of europhysics news, number 6 November/December 2005:
- Jean Pierre Boon and Constantino Tsallis "nonextensive statistical mechanics: new trends, new perspectives"
- Constantino Tsallis,Murray Gell-Mann and Yuzuru Sato "Extensivity and entropy production"
- Bruce M. Boghosian and Jean Pierre Boon "Lattice Boltzmann and nonextensive diffusion"
- Horacio S.Wio "Noise induced phenomena and nonextensivity"
- Andrea Rapisarda and Alessandro Pluchino "Nonextensive thermodynamics and glassy behaviour"
- A.R. Plastino "Sq entropy and self-gravitating systems"
- A.K. Rajagopal and R.W. Rendell "Nonextensive statistical mechanics: implications to quantum information"