(One component system, 3-dimensional system, ... ):
- : number of particles
- : is the volume
- : is the internal energy (kinetic + potential)
- is the Planck constant
- represents the 3N Cartesian position coordinates.
- represents the 3N momenta.
- represents the Hamiltonian, i.e. the total energy of the system as a function of coordinates and momenta.
- is the Dirac delta distribution
- is the entropy.
- is the Boltzmann constant
- Related reading
- D. Frenkel and B. Smit, "Understanding Molecular Simulation: From Algorithms to Applications", Academic Press
- Philipp Schierz, Johannes Zierenberg and Wolfhard Janke "Molecular Dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations in the microcanonical ensemble: Quantitative comparison and reweighting techniques", Journal of Chemical Physics 143 134114 (2015)