Germanium has a polyamorphic phase transition.
- Related reading
- K. H. Smith, E. Shero, A. Chizmeshya, and G. H. Wolf "The equation of state of polyamorphic germania glass: A two-domain description of the viscoelastic response", Journal of Chemical Physics 102 pp. 6851-6857 (1995)
- Murat Durandurdu and D. A. Drabold "First-order pressure-induced polyamorphism in germanium", Physical Review B 66 041201 (2002)
- Emiliano Principi, Andrea Di Cicco, Frédéric Decremps, Alain Polian, Simone De Panfilis and Adriano Filipponi "Polyamorphic transition of germanium under pressure", Physical Review B 69 201201(R) (2004)
- M. Mayo, S. Shor, E. Yahel and G. Makov "Short range order in elemental liquids of column IV", Journal of Chemical Physics 142 194501 (2015)
- Debdas Dhabal, Charusita Chakravarty, Valeria Molinero and Hemant K. Kashyap "Comparison of liquid-state anomalies in Stillinger-Weber models of water, silicon, and germanium", Journal of Chemical Physics 145 214502 (2016)