Building up a diamond lattice
- a cubic simulation box whose sides are of length
- a number of lattice positions, given by ,
with being a positive integer
- The positions are those given by:
where the indices of a given valid site are integer numbers that must fulfill the following criteria
- the sum of can have only the values: 0, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, ...
i.e, ; OR; , with being any integer number
- the indices must be either all even or all odd.
Atomic position(s) on a cubic cell
- Number of atoms per cell: 8