The Blume-Emery-Griffiths model (including the Blume-Capel model).
- M. Blume, V. J. Emery and Robert B. Griffiths "Ising Model for the Transition and Phase Separation in He3-He4 Mixtures", Physical Review A 4 pp. 1071-1077 (1971)
- M. Blume "Theory of the First-Order Magnetic Phase Change in UO2", Physical Review 141 pp. 517-524 (1966)
- H. W. Capel "On the possibility of first-order phase transitions in Ising systems of triplet ions with zero-field splitting", Physica 32 pp. 966-988 (1966)
- C. M. Care "Microcanonical Monte Carlo study of a two-dimensional Blume-Capel model", Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General 26 pp. 1481-1492 (1993)
- K. L. Ayat and C. M. Care "The finite size scaling of the partition function zeros in a two dimensional Blume-Capel model", Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 127 pp. L20-L24 (1993)