Lennard-Jones equation of state
|This page contains numerical values and/or equations. If you intend to use ANY of the numbers or equations found in SklogWiki in any way, you MUST take them from the original published article or book, and cite the relevant source accordingly.|
The equation of state of the Lennard-Jones model.
Equation of state
Johnson et al  propose an equation of state based on 33 parameters, which accurately reproduces the vapor liquid equilibrium curve.
The solid and liquid densities along the melting line are given by the equations of Mastny and de Pablo (Ref. 5 Eqs. 20 and 21):
- J. Karl Johnson, John A. Zollweg and Keith E. Gubbins "The Lennard-Jones equation of state revisited", Molecular Physics 78 pp. 591-618 (1993)
- Karel Aim, Jirí Kolafa, Ivo Nezbeda and Horst L. Vörtler "The Lennard-Jones fluid revisited: new thermodynamic data and new equation of state", Fluid Phase Equilibria 83 pp. 15-22 (1993)
- G. Sh. Boltachev and V. G. Baidakov "Equation of State for Lennard-Jones Fluid", High Temperature 41 pp. 270-272 (2003)
- Hertanto Adidharma and Maciej Radosz "The LJ-Solid Equation of State Extended to Thermal Properties, Chain Molecules, and Mixtures", Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 43 pp. 6890 - 6897 (2004)
- David M. Eike, Joan F. Brennecke, and Edward J. Maginn "Toward a robust and general molecular simulation method for computing solid-liquid coexistence", Journal of Chemical Physics 122 014115 (2005)
- Ethan A. Mastny and Juan J. de Pablo "Melting line of the Lennard-Jones system, infinite size, and full potential", Journal of Chemical Physics 127 104504 (2007)